Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-in Anchors
Product Category: Glue-In Anchors
Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-In Anchors have a unique twisted leg design, which provides a very strong and reliable anchor without welds or cuts. The interference fit behind the eye enables in-hole retention while the adhesive cures when placed into vertical or inclined holes.
Our Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-In Anchors have a unique twisted leg design, which results in these being the strongest glue-in anchors on the market and the cheapest in their class.
Through a combination of cold forming and special attention to the bend radii, the need for heat treatment is eliminated and the integrity of the steel is not weakened or compromised in any way. Furthermore, by cold forming this grade of stainless steel, it increases in hardness and strength, creating a glue-in anchor which is unsurpassed.
These stainless steel glue-in anchors are passivated to ASTM A-967, which removes any surface iron from the material, greatly enhancing the corrosion resistance. Passivation is a process that treats the surface of stainless steel to remove contaminants and promote the formation of a continuous, passive oxide layer.
Independent testing meets or exceeds the requirements of EN 959 or UIAA 123.
Key Features of Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-In Anchors
- Stainless Steel Manufacture: Fabricated from high-quality European stainless steel, our anchors provide exceptional resistance to corrosion, ensuring lasting durability in both temperate and harsh climbing conditions.
- Weld-Free: Our twist leg anchors are weld-free and have no cut notches, which reduces production costs, improves resistance to corrosion and maintains the strength of the steel.
- Innovative Twist Leg Design: The unique twisted leg configuration of these glue-in anchors maximises bond strength when glued into rock, offering a rock-solid anchor point that you can trust with your life.
- Optimized Load Distribution: Designed for an even spread of forces, these anchors minimise localised stress, ensuring consistent and reliable performance throughout their lifespan.
- Wide Range of Sizes: Our twist leg anchors are available in a full range of lengths so you can choose the right anchor diameter and embedment length for the type of rock you are working with.
- Seamless Integration: Our twist leg glue-in anchors are designed for a flush fit against rock surfaces, reducing potential snag points and ensuring smoother rope interaction, as well as minimising any visual impact to the rock face. At the same time, they can be easily installed in overhanging rock or be entirely inverted, thanks to the interference fit behind the eye.
- Laser Engraved: Each twist leg glue-in anchor is laser engraved with company initials, certification, strength and material grade.
Uses for Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-In Anchors
- For protection bolts on routes or at anchors (lower offs / bolt belays).
- Rock climbing
- Work at Height
- Leisure Parks
Stainless Steel Twist Leg Glue-In Anchor Specifications
- Rod thickness:
- 6mm (12mm hole).
- 8mm (16mm hole).
- 80mm (hard rock).
- 100mm (soft rock).
- 150mm (sandstone).
- Material: 1.4401 / AISI 316 / A4 Stainless Steel.
- Breaking strain: 40kN to 79kN.
- Weight: 60g and up.
- Standard: EN 959.
Glue-In Anchor Adhesive
- Gebofix G&B EPO Plus epoxy.
- Various other adhesives and types upon consultation.
Please note that the standard rating EN 959 is only valid with the combination of the twisted leg glue-in anchor and the Gebofix EPO Plus expoxy adhesive. Please contact us if you wish to use another adhesive other than the ones specified above.