Product Category: Belay / Lower Off
Available on back-order
Titanium Chain is a strong and lightweight alternative to stainless steel chain when bolting crags with corrosion problems.
Our Titanium Chain is high-quality (commercially pure) grade two titanium hand made chain, which is proof-loaded to 12kN, but with an ultimate breaking load of 31.5kN. The titanium link size is large enough to allow a climber to attach at any point, if constructing anchors connected by titanium chain.
Our Titanium chain is available in any length and priced per metre.
Key Features of Titanium Chain
- Premium Titanium Quality: Harness the unmatched strength-to-weight ratio of titanium. Our chain is incredibly lightweight, reducing bulk on your gear setup, while offering a tensile strength that rivals heavier metals.
- Corrosion Resistance: Titanium’s exceptional resistance to corrosion makes it the ideal choice for climbing in diverse environments. Whether you’re near the sea, in humid rainforests, or dry mountain ranges, our titanium chain remains unaffected by the environment.
- Optimised for Route Setting: The design and flexibility of our titanium chain make it perfect for for precise positioning, angle adjustments, for any configuration of lower off or bolt belay.
- Eco-friendly: Titanium’s longevity ensures fewer replacements over time, leading to a reduced environmental footprint.
Uses For Titanium Chain
- For the construction of lower-offs and bolt belays.
- To create a bolt runner extension (to extend down a clip point when a bolt has to be placed high in better rock).
- Substituting rope threads around limestone tufas.
- Use titanium chain with titanium staples to create theft-proof anchor configurations.
- Rock climbing.
Why Use Titanium Chain?
Titanium has many advantages over other metals, including Stainless Steel when used for equipping new climbing routes.
- Lightweight Strength: Titanium offers a strength comparable to steel, but at nearly half the weight. For climbers, this means carrying less weight during ascents and route setting.
- Durability: Titanium’s resistance to corrosion and wear means that titanium components, like our chain, have a longer lifespan, reducing the frequency of replacements.
Titanium Chain Specifications
- Link thickness: 7mm.
- Size: 69mm internal link length.
- Material: Titanium Grade two.
- Breaking strain: 31.5kN from internal testing.
- Weight: 450g/m.