Stainless Steel Rappel Ring
Product Category: Belay / Lower Off
207 in stock (can be backordered)
Rappel rings are manufactured from high-quality European stainless steel to provide safe, long-lasting rappel rings to let you abseil safely.
The weld is ground smooth to prevent the ring from hanging-up in the same location.
Rappel rings are a common component used to construct abseil stations, bolt belays and for lower offs where high wear is a concern. They provide a smooth, abrasion-resistant surface through which ropes can be threaded or passed, facilitating safe and efficient descents or anchor setups. Our rappel rings are manufactured from high-quality rolled and welded stainless steel.
Unlike many rings on the market, our stainless steel rappel ring are ground smooth internally and externally to ensure they do not prevent rotation or cause wear to the rope.
Key Features of the Stainless Steel Rappel Ring
- Rappelling: When rappelling (descending down a rope), climbers often use stainless steel rappel rings as a central point through which the rope is passed. This ensures that the rope can be easily retrieved from below without getting snagged or caught, allowing climbers to descend multiple pitches without leaving behind gear.
- Anchoring Systems: Stainless steel rappel rings can also be integrated into anchor systems, especially in multi-pitch climbs. They provide a redundant and smooth point through which ropes or slings can be threaded, reducing wear on the rope and ensuring the safety of the climber.
- Durability: Our stainless steel rappel rings are designed to be highly durable and abrasion-resistant. They minimize friction and wear on the rope, especially when the rope is pulled or retrieved.
- Material and Shape: Our stainless steel rappel rings are made from high-quality European stainless steel to give you the best possible strength and safety when rappelling.
Uses for Stainless Steel Rappel Rings
- Lower offs and bolt belays (especially those for abseil descents).
- Rock climbing.
Stainless Steel Rappel Ring Specifications
- Ring thickness: 10mm.
- Nominal internal diameter of 50mm.
- Material: 1.4401 / AISI 316 / A4 Stainless Steel.
- Breaking strain: 50kN.
- Weight: 113g.