Titanium Ram's Horn Lower-Off
Product Category: Belay / Lower Off
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Titanium Ram's Horn Lower-Offs are built to last. Constructed out of lightweight, yet strong titanium, these ram's horn lower-offs will outlast their steel counterparts, especially in coastal and tropical environments where corrosion needs to be considered.
Our Titanium Ram’s Horn Lower-Off is designed for climbers and route setters, who demand nothing but the best quality. The titanium ram’s horn lower-off offers unmatched strength, durability, and reliability, making it an indispensable tool in any developer’s arsenal.
The titanium ram’s horn lower-off is safe, easy to use, very durable, extremely corrosion resistant and readily replaceable. They can also be supplied welded shut to prevent theft.
Titanium Ram’s Horn Manufacture and Testing
Each ram’s horn is manufactured from commercially pure, grade two titanium. These ram’s horns are manufactured under a strict quality control program throughout the whole process, from material sourcing all the way through manufacture and destructive / non-destructive testing.
Rigorous in-house testing meets or exceeds the requirements of EN 959. All bolts and anchors are also 100% inspected and passivated to ASTM B600-11 to ensure no iron contamination is on the surface of the titanium.
Titan Climbing are UK-based manufacturers of titanium rock climbing products and have many years of experience fabricating anchors out of titanium. They are recognised as the leading manufacturer of titanium climbing products. Climbing Bolt Supplies are proud to be Titan Climbing’s distributer in the Far East.
Uses for Titanium Ram’s Horn Lower-Offs
- For protection bolts on routes or at anchors (lower-offs).
- Rock climbing.
Key Features of Titanium Ram’s Horn Lower-Offs
- Innovative Ram’s Horn Design: The distinct shape facilitates smooth and efficient rope retrieval during lowering, minimising friction and wear on both the rope and the equipment.
- High-Grade Titanium Build: Experience the unparalleled strength-to-weight ratio of titanium.
- Outstanding Corrosion Resistance: Titanium’s inherent resistance to corrosion ensures longevity and consistent performance in aggressive corrosion affected environments like coastal areas or humid forests.
Why Use Titanium For The Ram’s Horn Lower-Off?
Titanium is the perfect choice of material for critical climbing equipment, such as ram’s horn lower-offs when faced with known aggressive corrosion.
Titanium Ram’s Horn Lower-Off Specifications
- Rod thickness: 10mm.
- Material: Titanium Grade two.
- Breaking strain: 15kN to rope release.
- Weight: 107g.