Hong Kong Rock - The first sport climbing guide to Hong Kong
by Francis Haden
First of its kind, complete guide to sport climbing in Hong Kong, contains 508 pages of history, information and colour for the resident and visiting climber.
This comprehensive guide provides detailed information on travel information, accommodation, visas, food, weather, what to bring, fixed protection standards, climbing walls and recommended routes to ensure a memorable experience.
Hong Kong Rock includes an historical section complete with profile pictures of key developers, past and present, who have shaped the course of sport climbing in Asia's 'Manhattan of the East'.
The reader is guided to climbing locations by QR codes, illustrated maps, written descriptions and high resolution aerial photography depicting approach trails, roads and key features.
Call out boxes for every location provide a snapshot of route quantity, best for grade range, climbing style, location orientation, sun exposure, seepage and one-liner summarising the location.
- Over 1,000 sport routes
- 250 routes previously unpublished
- 10 New climbing areas
- QR codes to assist with finding crag locations
- Crag summary table and map for choosing where to climb
- High quality, detailed topo images
- Bolt count and pitch lengths
- Clear, easy to read grade charts
- How it all began - a historical on Hong Kong's climbing developers
- Illustrated maps
- Photographs by local climbers