The first EN959 certified titanium glue-in anchor on the market from Titan Climbing is the 'go to' product solution for climbing areas that suffer from aggressive corrosion.
Manufactured from commercially pure, grade 2 titanium, these glue-in anchors are manufactured under a strict quality control program throughout the whole process from material sourcing, all the way through manufacture and destructive / non destructive testing.
Rigorous in-house testing meets or exceeds the requirements of EN959 and all bolts and anchors are certified to EN959. All bolts and anchors are also 100% inspected and passivated to ASTM B600-11 to ensure no iron contamination is on the surface of the titanium.
The objective of these anchors is to achieve a minimum 50 year design life when installed with a suitable adhesive.
- Shaft grooves are pressed, not cut, therefore no reduction in strength
- Interference fit enables the anchor to be installed easily in overhanging rock or entirely inverted
- Anchor design eliminates welding for strength
- Minimum visual impact
- Full range of leg lengths available to match rock conditions
- Every bolt proof loaded to 12kN
- Full product traceability via batch and date numbers
Titan Climbing products represent years of experience fabricating anchors from titanium and they are recognised as the leading manufacturer of titanium climbing products.
Proudly made in Sheffield, the heart of UK manufacturing excellence.
- For protection bolts on routes or at anchors (lower offs / bolt belays)
- Rock climbing, Canyoning, Caving
Rod thickness: 8mm pressed (14mm Hole)
Lengths: 80mm (hard rock)
110mm (soft rock)
Material: Titanium Grade 2
Breaking strain: 35kN
Weight: 61g / 72g
In 2016 Titan Climbing had all their bolts and anchors tested by SATRA, an external test house in UK to both EN959 and UIAA123.
- Gebofix EPO PLUS RE Pure epoxy
- Hilti HIT-RE 500 Pure epoxy
EN959 certification applies to the anchor under test in combination with the adhesive used to fix it.
Changing to another adhesive will void the certification!
Please contact us if you wish to use another adhesive other than the ones specified above.